Archive for the ‘instigator blog’ Category
So I thought why not add mine to the mix…..
Most of my friends and family know I suffer from a very short attention span and tend that procrastination is my first, middle, and last name. SO it is only appropriate that my Number 1 productivity tip is this…..
Every night before going to bed make a list of the things you need to accomplish in order of importance. Try to limit it only to things that need to be done that day.
When you get up and start your day keep your list with you.
Do not deviate from the list.
Do not go to the next item until you have finished the one before it.( I know how hard this can be as I generally have 5 or 6 things going at the same time. It is a hard habbit to break but once you do you will be thankful you did)
Do not allow distractions or interruptions…(turn off the ringer and let Voicemail get it, don’t check email 100 times, let others in your household know you are working and as soon as you are finished you will make time for them)
Do everything possible not to carry over any tasks from today to tomorrow. (which won’t be a problem if you kept to the tasks above and haven’t over booked yourself for the day)
I have found that when I keep to the above steps I really am more productive and get things done faster.
Feel free to pass this on to others and share your productivity tips to help them out.
Here are the rules from Instigator Blog:
1. Write a post on your best productivity tips.
2. Include links to other people that have written posts, or include their tips in your post with proper attribution.
3. If you use Technorati Tags then tag your post “ultimate guide to productivity”.
4. Tag others in your post to spread the meme. Tag as many people as you like!
5. If you link back to Instigator Blog and email Ben he’ll be sure to include at least 2 links back to you (his blog is great – definitely check it out ).